This follows a story published in Sunday World last week in which it was reported that all lead actors at the multi-lingual soapie were not given the three-year contracts as instructed by SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng.
The latest developments mean that the feud between Motsoeneng and Muvhango executive producer and Word of Mouth boss Duma Ndlovu is over, for now.
But more drama was set to follow during the negotiations of the new contract after Motsoeneng said the SABC was going to ensure that all main actors at Muvhango were given three-year contracts.
The two heavyweights kissed and made up on Tuesday at a meeting attended by Sunday World.
During the meeting, Ndlovu defended his company's position.
The meeting, which was also attended by SABC spokesman Kaizer Kganyago, was heated as an argument ensued between Motsoeneng and Ndlovu.
Motsoeneng charged that the actors should have been offered two-year contracts if Ndlovu's argument was that the decree came a year into their agreement with the SABC.
Motsoeneng confirmed that Ndlovu had explained their challenges in implementing his instructions.
"On that front I agreed with him, but still argued that main actors should get three-year contracts," said Motsoeneng.
Duma said giving actors three-year contracts was going to be costly for his company, adding that it would put the company under pressure as they would be expected to negotiate increases for the same actors.
"We are going to give actors three-year contracts when we sign a new contract with the SABC," said Ndlovu.
But he also said that Muvhango was not in a rush to give actors three-year contracts because the SABC had made a blanket statement about contracts and salaries.
Motsoeneng would hear none of that and ordered Ndlovu to give the main actors three-year contracts when the SABC renews Muvhango's contract.
"We will make sure that we check that when we sign the new contract with Muvhango," he said.